Sustainability is not a destination, it’s a journey. Soure International is working to build the best designed furniture of the highest quality using the finest materials available by people who are treated with respect, all while striving to leave the smallest possible footprint behind. And we aim to tackle this one decision at a time with our focus on what is the best possible choice we can make for our people and the planet.OUR POLICY
Source International is actively working to do our part to reduce the impact of the products we manufacture. Every decision we make is focused on the goal of reducing. Whether that is reducing waste, energy, or resources, we know that day to day decisions matter to the whole.
Sustainable materials are the foundation of sustainable furniture. Each material used during our production is chosen thoughtfully as we partner with suppliers who are as mindful about the planet and its people as we are.
- Foam is low-VOC CertiPur-USTM certified for indoor-air quality, does not contain any phthalates, PBDE flame retardants, formaldehyde, or heavy metals.
- Water-based adhesives are used on all our products
- Low-VOC paints and stands are standard on our wood components.
- Source International manufactures our furniture in Sutton, MA.
- Sutton, MA is within 500 miles of 25% of the American population reducing the emissions associated with transportation.
- All our furniture is hand-crafted one piece at a time reducing emissions associated with factories.
- Facility lighting was replaced to low-energy LED lights through the National Grid Program
- Cardboard used to ship our products contain at least 78% recycled content.
- Boxes are glued with water-based adhesives made from starch and printed using water-based inks.
- In lieu of the additional labeling, verbiage is printed on the exterior of boxes.
- Wood pallets are reused for raw materials and finished goods
- Excess fabric rolls are donated to Unshattered, a 501 c3 organization dedicated to sustaining the
- sobriety and economic independence of women in recovery.
- Over 25,000 pounds of fabric scrap and trim were recycled in 2023. Material was recycled and used to manufacture oil filters.
- Overspray from painting and finishing is collected and recycled.
- Packaging, cardboard, paper and plastic are recycled during the manufacturing process as well as in the offices.
Testing & Compliance
- Furniture is tested for VOC emissions to conform with ANSI/BIFMA e3, sections 7.6.1, 7.6.2, 7.6.3. and has earned GreenGuard certification.
- BIFMA tested to conform to ANSI/BIFMA X5.1 for strength and stability, ensuring longevity.
Sustainably Built Buildings
- Source International Products can be useful on LEED and WELL certified buildings.
End of Life
- All Source International products are built to last. Our products come with a standard lifetime structural warranty which ensures a years of use to our customers while minimizing pressure on landfills.
- Most parts can be recycled post-use to then continue their existence as another product.